The City of Chelan adopted new Short-Term Rental License requirements on November 26th, 2019. These requirements went into effect January 1, 2020. Current and new operators of short-term rentals must apply for a license before March 1st, 2020 to be eligible to operate during the summer months. The City encourages owners and operators to submit applications as soon as possible in order to process the first wave of licenses in a timely and efficient manner.
Short-term rentals are limited to specific land use zones. Click here to see a map where short-term rentals are allowed within the city limits.
The new licensing requirements can be reviewed here: Short-term rental code
New requirements include but are not limited to:
- Application and fees – $250 first time license, $150 annual renewal
- Health and safety inspections
- Excise tax reporting (requires a State UBI #)
- Parking and occupancy limits
- Good neighbor guidelines to ensure operational standards such as garbage collection, noise and pet control
- State insurance requirements ($1,000,000 policy)
- Enforcement fees and fines
- State Law Substitute House Bill 1798
Click here for the Short-Term Rental License Application: