CITY OF CHELAN POSITION DESCRIPTION
TITLE: LAKESHORE RV PARK CAMPGROUND HOST
DEPARTMENT: PARKS & RECREATION
|REPORTS TO:||PARKS FACILITIES SUPERVISOR
PARKS OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
ASSISTANT PARKS / FACILITIES SUPERVISOR
ADOPTED: DECEMBER 2005
SALARY GRADE: VOLUNTEER
POSITION PURPOSE / SUMMARY
This position performs a variety of support services at the Lakeshore RV Park. This position reports to the Parks Facilities Supervisor, Parks Operations Supervisor, AND Assistant Parks / Facilities Worker and assists with R.V. Park operations. This is a volunteer position with a 25-30 hour weekly work schedule that it set through negotiations with City Parks and Recreation Department Staff.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes positive public relations.
- Provides customer information and assistance.
- Collects camp fees.
- Operates computers and various office machines.
- Processes mail and phone messages.
- Performs R.V. Park reservation and registration procedures.
- Greeting and assisting visitors, informing them of RV Park rules, answering questions and distributing maps, brochures, facility information to individuals and groups.
- Replenishing restroom and facility supplies when park staff are not present or unable to do so. Hosts may be requested to help make sure restroom facilities have adequate toilet paper and paper towels in the dispensers, floors are picked up or swept, or light bulbs are functioning and replaced when needed.
- Promoting care of the RV Park by keeping a clean site and performing minor maintenance tasks such as picking up litter or light duties as outlined by the Parks staff.
- Being a visible representative of the RV Park with a sufficient and comfortable knowledge of RV Park rules and surrounding area activities to explain rules plus provide information to visitors.
- Being observant for activities within the RV Park requiring immediate attention. Contacting Parks staff and/or law enforcement when emergencies occur.
- Picking up litter in and around campsites
- Performing grounds maintenance
- Refinishing picnic tables
- Raking leaves in the fall
- Sweeping camp areas or cleaning picnic tables
- Gardening and brush removal
- Reporting any damaged tables, trees, or equipment to staff
- Checking and moving sprinklers
- Opening and/or closing park gates
- Moving or cleaning up around garbage cans
- Minor building maintenance
- Keeping bulletin board information up‑to‑date
- Pruning shrubs and trees
- Trimming or weeding grass
- Keeping track of occupied and vacant campsites.
- Directing campers to vacant sites.
- Reminding campers to register at booth
- Assisting park staff in monitoring park traffic if camp area is busy
- Posting “Camp Area Full” sign.
- Keeping track of campers and number of nights in park.
- Under direct supervision, assisting park staff with camper reservations.
- Informing incoming campers where family or friends are located.
- Directing picnickers to day‑use area.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
Work is normally performed in an office and/or outdoor environment in varying weather conditions. It may require sitting, standing, operating a computer, telephone, small tools, maintenance vehicles and equipment. Some lifting of supplies and small equipment may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
- Knowledge of methods, means and materials to perform this position.
- Ability to interact with the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Skillfully use personal computers, telephone, fax machine, and other office equipment.
- Ability to operate tools and equipment.
- Ability to operate vehicles, i.e. cart, truck
- Skillfully and effectively organize and express ideas through the use of oral, written, and graphic communication. Establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations, and work with staff and the public to accomplish program objectives.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Basic knowledge of campground operations.
A combination of experience, knowledge, and skills demonstrating the ability to carry out the requirements and tasks of the Campground host position. Previous employment experience is helpful to successfully perform this job.
- Valid Drivers License with driving record free from serious or frequent violations.
- Personal vehicle insurance.
- First aid and CPR certification is highly desired.
- Previous work experience is high desirable.
- Successful completion of a background investigation.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as needed, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance the work load.