- Provides safe, clean water service to the City of Chelan
- Operates the Water Filtration Plant with 6.5 million Gallons per day total capacity, with average daily flow of 1 to 1.5 million gallons.
- Services and maintains approximately 141,000 feet of pipe with 1572 services and manages 5 pressure zones.
- Maintains 10 reservoirs with a total capacity of 1.738 MG.
- Performs water quality analyses to insure public health and compliance with state and federal drinking water quality regulations.
- Responds to customer service calls .
- Monitors cross-connection compliance.
Is the water safe to drink?
Yes! Chelan water quality is among the top in the country. The water produced meets or exceeds all the federal and state drinking water standards. We have created a water quality report that summarizes the detectable contaminants and compares our results to Federal and State standards. For questions regarding water quality please call (509) 682-5919.
Why did my bill go up so much from last month?
The most common reason is because of a leak. Other reasons could be time ofyear (summer watering), the number of days in the billing cycle or the number of people in your household. Most of the readings in the City are taken automatically so there is little chance of a reading error.
What is the water rate?
See rate schedule.
Why is my water pressure so low?
You may need a new service line to your house or have plumbing problems inside.