- Purchases vehicles & equipment for all City departments.
- Repairs and maintains all City vehicles and equipment, ranging from mowers to backhoes.
- Utilizes a computer-based fleet management system for maintenance and inventory control.
- Inventories and dispenses fuel for all City Departments.
- Co-ordinates preventive equipment and vehicle maintenance programs for all City departments.
Where does the City equipment fuel up?
The City maintains EPA approved unleaded and diesel storage tanks.
Are designs and installations on new vehicles performed in-house?
Yes, for example, plow frames and sand spreaders are also installed.
How many pieces of city equipment does the department maintain?
Approximately 92 including stand-by generator sets.