Please read all of the all of the information contained in the packet prior to completing and submitting your Claim for Damages
- Instructions for Completing the Standard Tort Claim Form
- Standard Tort Claim Form
Legal Requirements for Submitting a Claim Form
In order to verify the claim and additional supporting information, the law requires that the Standard Tort Claim form be signed by:
- Claimant; or
- Person holding a written power of attorney from the Claimant; or
- Attorney in fact for the Claimant; or
- Attorney admitted to practice in Washington State on the Claimant’s behalf; or
- A court-approved guardian or guardian ad litem on behalf of the Claimant
- State Law requires an original signature on the form which means that they cannot be submitted electronically (by fax or email). While not required by law, we ask that the form be notarized which can be accomplished at our office at the time of submission.
- The length of the Claim for Damages investigation varies greatly depending on the complexity of the issues and the availability of evidence to support the claim. All relevant information and documents should be provided for consideration.
- The completed form may be subject to public disclosure.
Present in Person or Mail the Claim Form and Supporting Documents to:
c/o City Clerk’s Office
135 East Johnson Avenue
PO Box 1669
Chelan, WA 98816
Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Closed on weekends and official holidays
Download the Claim for Damages Packet here.