Chelan Public Works
- Purchases vehicles & equipment for all City departments.
- Repairs and maintains all City vehicles and equipment, ranging from
mowers to backhoes.
- Utilizes a computer-based fleet management system for maintenance and
- Inventories and dispenses fuel for all City Departments.
- Co-ordinates preventive equipment and vehicle maintenance programs for
all City departments.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FLEET MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
- 1. How many pieces of city equipment does the department maintain?
- Approximately 92 including
stand-by generator sets.
- 2. Are designs and installations on new vehicles performed in-house?
- Yes, for example, plow frames
and sand spreaders are also installed.
- 3. Where does the City equipment fuel up?
- The City maintains EPA approved unleaded and diesel storage tanks.